Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kale Chips - That's Right!

A What Chip? That's right you read it correctly, a kale chip. And they are pretty tasty and amazingly similar to a potato chip. A friend of mine sent me a link to a recipe for cheesy kale chips, which I have of course lost, so I googled Kale Chips and low and behold several recipes popped up. We get lots of greens in our CSA share and while we love greens in general, sometimes I run out of ideas of what to else I can do with kale. I'm always looking for healthy snacks too, so this is perfect. Here's what to do:

  • One bunch of kale
  • Couple tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • A little minced garlic if you feel like it
  1. Wash and tear kale into small pieces
  2. Drizzle olive oil on leaves, massage oil thoroughly through leaves
  3. Sprinkle salt, pepper and minced garlic over oiled leaves
  4. Put on cookie sheet put in oven at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes
The edges on some of the kale chips will turn brown, but it doesn't effect taste.

Try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find More Information