Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stuffed Peppers - What's for Dinner

It was Garth's turn to make dinner last night and Garth surprised me with mostly vegetarian stuffed peppers. Garth is a meat and potatoes guy and I was thrilled that he was trying something a little different. He did add a little sausage from Milky Way Farm, but other than that it was all veggies, a little cheese, pine nuts, the dried tomatoes I made this weekend, mushrooms and quinoa.

To make these, saute whatever veggies you are using. In our case it was a lot of zucchini, some tomatoes and all of the above. You could add spinach or kale, carrots, broccoli... whatever is in the fridge. Cook the quinoa, add veggies, stuff into peppers and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

You can always substitute the pepper for a zucchini too. It's that time of year when I have more zucchini than I know what to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where to Find More Information